Why our eyelashes thin out and shorten after 40 and how you can fight back
Long, thick eyelashes are both striking and enticing, and when they thin and shorten, it’s utterly disappointing. Who needs yet another reason to hate the aging process?
Grow old gracefully?
It’s a nice idea, but most women between 40 and 85 keep a running list of the annoying changes that make graceful aging a difficult concept to swallow…
Slower metabolism? Check.
Aches and pains? Check.
Thinning eyelashes? Ugh, yes, that too.
Some of these bodily changes are easier to accept than others, but thinning eyelashes is not one of them.
So why do eyelashes thin and shorten, and is there any cure for it?
EYELASHES CAN THIN, SHORTEN, OR FALL OUT FOR ANY NUMBER OF REASONS, FROM SIMPLE HABITS TO NORMAL AGING TO MEDICAL CONDITIONS. HERE ARE A FEW:
- Aging and menopause often result in hormonal imbalances that thin hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes.
- Rough treatment such as vigorous scrubbing while removing your makeup can result in the loss of eyelashes over the long term.
- Allergic reaction to mascara is sometimes the cause of eyelash loss as well. And because mascara hardens your lashes while you wear it, sleeping in your mascara also increases the risk of eyelash breakage and shortening.
- Eyelash extensions use a medical grade glue to attach to your natural lashes not the glue provided with the lashes, and tugging them off rather allowing them to fall out on their own can result in thinning eyelashes. Pulling off false eyelashes without using an oil-based cleanser first to soften the glue also damages your natural lashes.
- Medical conditions such as blepharitis (mites or bacteria in the lash line), an overactive or under active thyroid, psoriasis, or eczema can also cause eyelashes to fall out.
- Excessive stress sometimes results in hair and eyelash loss.
- Chemotherapy drugs will often cause hair loss all over the body, including the eyelashes.
So, would you like your lashes to grow back? thicker? longer?
Swiss Toniq in Switzerland have created a first of it’s kind eyelash growth serum to help women solve their lash and brow problems. Proven in clinical tests to increase the length and thickness of lashes and brows by 78% using raw medicinal plants and award winning actives
You won’t find anything dangerous in this eyelash serum, no growth hormones, no chemicals and no cheap bulking up agents. What you get is pure concentrated eyelash and brow growth therapy… that gets visible results!